Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another Antique Window and Progress on the Cozy Guest Bedoom




Even though our guest bedroom isn't finished as of yet I thought I would show you the progress so far. Before Christmas I made this wall treatment for above the bed- I made some fabric flowers and hot glued them to an old antique window then hung the window with some ribbon I had.


Here is the disaster area before: That was one huge piece of office furniture- the room is tiny so we had to sell it. We needed to have a bed in there.


If you look closely on your left there is a closet with a door. I took the door off and put up a drape

This is the drape- it was a great way to work with small space- where the bed is now there wouldn't be any way to open the door. I got the drape for $5.00 on clearance at Wal-Mart.

Here is the bed and my new wall treatment! I can't wait to paint this room... I still can't decide on a color so if you have any ideas shoot them my way! So far I'm thinking the colors in this room are brown, yellow and cream.





3 comments:

  1. I think that room would look super cute with a window-sill height white chair rail with brown below the chair rail and a pale yellow paint above. something like this, but less dark: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS14LR_IEQHFA-JfxNA5R1NvVfBC3eJuRsHlbQ0O09aBsVsGyNQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea Heather! I did exactly what you are talking about in the our nursery! Funny, I didn't even think to do the same thing in this room! I think you just helped me decide! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute love the window above the bed.
    im your newest follower

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!