Friday, November 12, 2010

Calendar Board Made Into A Sign

Remember my post about my $1 junk find turned into treasure? Well, I decided to make that calendar board into a sign for my kitchen. I found a vinyl sticker at Target, and the moment I saw it I knew I HAD to have it! It came with a pretty expensive price so I held off on buying it... for a couple of weeks anyway... I finally caved in and bought it today and I knew JUST where it was going to go!

Oh, and by the way- I almost NEVER use a ruler or a measuring tape in my projects, I just "eye" everything, it drives my husband insane- once I even used a cup of water to see if a shelf I was hanging was level enough---  I really am a lazy person... This was the same story- no ruler no measuring tape- I think it looks just fine (don't ask my husband though)




And there you have it. I have some BIG plans for the space above my cabinets so don't think it's going to stay ugly like that for long. It will be a fun project when I get to it! ;)

4 comments:

  1. love your sign! I eye-ball everything too. Sometimes I end up with a bunch of holes in the wall until I get it just right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute! it looks so personalized.. looking forward to your upper cabinet kitchen re-do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey I bought the same decal from Target! got it on clearence for $10. I haven't put it up because I'm living in an apartment and I love it so much I wouldn't want to waste it by putting it up here. Was thinking of framing it but wasn't sure how it would look. Seeing yours is inspiring! I'm decorating my kitchen with antique red handle baking utensils and this decal. Have fun with your cabinet tops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!