Saturday, March 26, 2011

The bathroom is finished!!!

The day has come! I have finished the downstairs bathroom (finally) it only took me 5 months... 
The wonderful thing is that it turned out even better than I was imagining! The other wonderful thing? I didn't have to buy a SINGLE thing for the entire project! Since the space was so small it wasn't really that hard. The chair rail came from a building my hubby was renovating and didn't want to throw it out- SCORE! It wasn't in the best of shape but it worked perfectly for my little 1/2 bath. 
Now, let me tell you how much I LOATH things made in China.
 Last night just as we were putting the finishing touches in the bathroom ie. hanging the picture, window and mirror--- we realized that the brackets on the mirror were fastened 1/2 an inch OFF (this is AFTER we mounted the anchors and screws for it!)!  I got the mirror as a wedding gift and it hasn't really been hung till now- I thought it matched the bathroom perfectly... 
LONG story short we spent over an hour trying to figure out a way to hang it. I won't go into the details but some not so nice things were uttered over that mirror. 
BUT, we prevailed no thanks to Yao Chen or whoever hung those brackets. 

Without boring you further here is the bathroom! :)

Before:






This is one of my antique windows hung over a picture I scored on clearance a long time ago for $1.50.









Domestically Speaking

7 comments:

  1. So fresh and pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stinkin cute! I absolutely love it! Someday when the millennium comes and I actually have a house I am going to have to have you come decorate for me. We all know it won't happen before then :) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bathroom turned out great. love the color and the old window...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty!! I love the color! and your floor tiles are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The floor is beautiful too! Im working on my guest bath now, and have stalled out, I really need to get moving!

    I found you through the Paint Party at Domestically Speaking..glad to be following you now!

    Heather @ A Table for One, Please
    www.dorilukedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! The chair rail added so much depth and space. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!